Business Admin Apprentice
Closing Date: Friday 5th March 2021
Weekly Salary: £145.25 (apprenticeship wage – £4.15ph)
Working Week: Monday to Friday, 09:00 – 17:00, 1hr Lunch, 35hrs per week
Apprenticeship Duration: 18 months
Company Address: 2nd Floor, Blue Pit Mill, Queensway, Rochdale, OL11 2YW
The successful candidate will be required to undergo appropriate child protection screening including a DBS check.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated individual to work within our team. As a Business Admin Apprentice, you will have a keen eye for detail and be able to demonstrate a commitment to working as a team to produce work of a high quality.
No previous knowledge of this sector is required. However, the candidate should be keen to learn, good at client development and ambitious.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Keeping well-organised files and records of business activity
- Keeping computer databases up to date
- Interacting with clients either on the phone or in person
- Taking phone messages and passing them on
- Following up on business communications, billing, and ordering
- Communicating with suppliers and vendors
- Collecting and inputting company data
- Learning about the company’s mission and available products/services
- Building relationships with clients
- Writing and editing company correspondence
- Collecting and sorting post
- Scheduling appointments and events
- Participating in office meetings and taking meeting minutes
- Being ready for any other administrative tasks that are required
- Good organizational skills
- Maintain focus and complete daily tasks
- To be able to record data correctly
- To have good teamwork and communication skills
- Good numeracy and written skills
- Computer skills, using software such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Maintain confidentiality when handling data
- Telephone skills answering and message taking
- Achieve goals and targets
- Self motivated to complete work within set deadlines
- Conscientious and methodical approach to work
- Demonstrate an attention to detail
- Exhibit a flexible, can-do attitude to problem solving
- Take responsibility for your own personal development
- English and Maths grade 4-9/A-C predicted or actual
- 3 other GCSE’s at 4-9/A-C
Training to be delivered
- Business Administration Level 3
- Apprenticeship Standard
- Maths (if required)
- English (if required)
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place
With every apprenticeship there is an opportunity to become permanent. We can’t guarantee this though, as it is dependent on resource levels and budget at the time.
How to apply.
Please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the team will be in touch with you soon.
What makes us different?
Our transparent approach ensures we always advise and provide what is best for you. We’re not about a ‘quick sale’, we want to build a relationship with your business and team to ensure we can achieve complete trust when advising and supporting you on investments within IT.